The wash house of Blessey was built in 1835 near the sources of the Seine. Its particularity is due to its semi-circular architecture
As part of the restoration of the washhouse, the artist Rémy Zaugg proposes to reconsider the layout of the washhouse environment as a whole.
He rearranged the circulation in the image of the semi-circular architecture. The work is essentially topographical in nature, placing the washhouse at the centre of this new environment
The process began in 1997, with the reconstruction and construction of walls, the removal of buildings, the planting of trees between the three crosses to create an orchard, and finally the reconfiguration and re-watering of the pond. An inscription on the top of the dike offers words in stainless steel letters. The washhouse is reintroduced into the village's past. The work was completed and inaugurated in 2007.
Brochures Bourgogne Tourisme
Consult our brochures online or order them to receive at home