The Margelle wash house was built in 1862 with lava roofing. Its round arch vault houses a remarkable stone slate roof, and the rectangular pool is equipped with washing plates on three sides. Water flows through a stone channel to a small circular trough
A small semi-detached house known as the "tanner's house" completes the site, which forms a particularly homogeneous whole, typical of the architecture of this part of Burgundy.
The work, carried out by Henri Alekan, a renowned film lighting engineer, in collaboration with Patrick Rimoux, a light sculptor, concerns the lighting of the ensemble and is part of the Circuit des Lumières
The two buildings are linked by a light path embedded in the ground. White light projectors are directed onto the slate roof surfaces or placed inside the wash house, in the niches and pools, thus emphasizing the presence of water
Named "Chemin de lumière", the work was inaugurated in 1993.