The EuroVélo 6 itinerary
Along the Loire and the side canal
From Nevers to Paray-le-Monial
Some recommended stops along the way:
- Admire the lights and colours of the stained-glass windows in Nevers Cathedral and the Duke's Palace
- Explore Decize, a town of Bourgogne-Franche-Comté bearing the "Charming Town" label
- Relax in the pretty little town and thermal resort of Bourbon-Lancy
- See Digoin, the town "of water" with an aqueduct, the Musée de la Céramique, the ObservaLoire, an interactive and educational museum on the longest river in France
- Wonder at the Sacré-Cœur Basilica in Paray-le-Monial
From Paray-le-Monial to Chalon-sur-Saône
The trail runs around the southern border of Morvan via the Canal du Centre in Saône-et-Loire. On this part of the route, we recommend visiting the Musée de la Mine in Blanzy, Villa Perrusson in Ecuisses, the Château de Couches in Couches.
On this section, you can admire the Côte Chalonnaise vineyards around Santenay and maybe even make a detour along the oldest Greenway in France.
Finally, venture into the world of photography at the Musée Nicéphore Niepce in Chalon-sur-Saône, Town of Art and History.
From Chalon-sur-Saône to Saint-Jean-de-Losne
Along this section, you will most likely run into fishermen and recreational boaters!
Stop off in Verdun-sur-le-Doubs to wander the historic town centre and discover the church of Saint-Jean and the Chapelle des Treize, built by 13 local families in 1348. Then, make sure you stop for a break in Seurre to see the heritage sites and restaurants serving fried fish. Finally, you'll arrive in Saint-Jean-de-Losne, the leading river port in France for recreational boaters.