After the death of her husband in 1846, Countess Mélanie Charbonnel undertook major embellishment work on the Château's grounds. Among other things, she had the pergola built which extends the Lenoncourt hotel and which was to serve as a rose garden. She added the kiosk, a decorative architectural element characteristic of 19th century gardens. Its original function is unknown and intriguing. The plaque above the entrance door to the kiosk reads: "Mama's pavilion - 5 September 1861".
The rose garden and its kiosk have been completely renovated by the town of Is-sur-Tille between 2019 and 2022.
During the renovation of the interior walls of the kiosk, old wall paintings were discovered. They represent two pairs of palms of the Legion of Honour, tied with Republican cockades, symmetrically distributed on the two facings without windows. These paintings were renovated by Anne Gérard-Bendele, a restorer and graduate of the INP-IFROA (Institut national du patrimoine - Institut français de restauration des œuvres d'art).
Countess Mélanie Charbonnel probably commissioned these decorations as a tribute to her husband, General Joseph Claude Marie Charbonnel, and her father, General Charles Étienne César Gudin, both Grand Cross of the Legion of Honour. The symbol of the cockade may recall their membership of the Napoleonic army. The date of completion of this work can be estimated between 1847 and 1871 (between the years following the death of General Charbonnel and that of Countess Mélanie Charbonnel).