The church of Saint-Léger in Is-sur-Tille has an original silhouette which is the result of its eventful history. Built in the 12th century on the site of an older place of worship (as attested by the discovery of Merovingian sarcophagi in the 1960s), it has been altered many times. Around 1420 it was surrounded by a rampart with 9 towers in order to make it a refuge during invasions. It was rebuilt in the 16th century and then in 1620 its bell tower collapsed. The need to rebuild it quickly probably explains the unusual choice of location and the irregularity of the gable on the façade. Further work was also carried out in the 18th century. More recently, between 2007 and 2009, the church underwent renovation work as well as a renovation of its exterior and interior.
The bell tower, covered with glazed tiles typical of Burgundian architecture, has three bells, the largest of which (called Louise) weighs 1802 kg.
The St. Léger Church of Is-sur-Tille has an original silhouette due to its turbulent history. Built during the 12th C on an ancient religious place, it has been remodeled several times. Near 1420, it has been surrounded by a rampart with nine towers in order to become a refuge in the event of invasions. The church has been rebuilt during the 16th C, but in 1620, its bell tower has collapsed. The emergency to build up a new bell tower explain its place's choice. Later, renovations were made during the 18th C, and more recently, in 2007 and 2009, to embellish its exterior and interior aspect. The bell tower, covered with varnished tiles typical of Burgundy's architecture, includes three bells, the largest of wich (named Louise) weighs 1802 kg.