One of the largest private stables of the Ancien Régime in France. The estate has been in the same family for six centuries. The stables were built between 1648 and 1652 by Henriette de La Guiche, goddaughter of Henri IV, for the princely guard of her husband, Louis Emmanuel de Valois, grandson of King Charles IX, Colonel General of the Light Cavalry. François Blondel, architect to Louis XIV, claims to be the author.
The richly decorated facades of this equestrian palace, punctuated by two monumental staircases, were preserved during the Revolution. The architecture and interior layout, inspired by an ingenious design by Leonardo da Vinci, make it the most Italian of French stables.
The Park can only be visited with the discovery of the Stables.
- 03 85 24 26 30
- French, English
- Cheques and postal orders, Cash
- Pets welcome
- Room rental
- Specialist conferences
- Temporary exhibitions
From 18/07/23 to 17/09/23 of 11:00 to 18:00
Guided tours 2023 open to individuals from 19/07/2023 to 18/09/2023, every day except Mondays, from 11am to 6pm. Exceptional closures on 9 and 10 September 2023.
For groups, all year round by appointment.
Brochures Bourgogne Tourisme
Consult our brochures online or order them to receive at home