The first stone of the church of Bonnay-Saint-Ythaire was laid in 1881, it was blessed in 1884 and consecrated in 1885 by Monseigneur Perraud, then bishop of Autun. It is dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary. The name "Bonnay" has two origins: "bonne aygue" (good water) because of an inexhaustible spring in the area, or "Belnacium" (a term attested in 1119), in reference to the Gallic god Belnacius.
Eglise de l’Assomption de la Vierge Marie Le Bourg71460 BONNAY-SAINT-YTHAIRE
- 03 85 50 77 59
Brochures Bourgogne Tourisme
Consult our brochures online or order them to receive at home