The original church of the twelfth century, destroyed during the wars of Louis XI, was rebuilt between 1478 and 1559. The western façade was only completed in 1863 with the neo-gothic porch. The tympanum, hammered at the Revolution, was carved by Grandgirard. The interior of the building is very representative of the late-Gothic of the region. The pillars without capitals receive directly the edges of the vault, lack the intermediate level between the large arcades and the high windows of the central ship of the nave, and there is a typical search for verticality ... Visit on request through the Tourist Office.
Basilique Notre-Dame Place sous Préfecture70100 GRAY
- 03 84 65 18 15
- French, German, English
- Pets not allowed
Brochures Bourgogne Tourisme
Consult our brochures online or order them to receive at home