Gathered around wine tasting tables in a cosy lounge, in a wine tasting cellar or surrounded by the vines, there are various wine tasting courses available to learn about and taste the local wines of Burgundy. Courses vary depending on your existing knowledge and the chosen theme.
So what are you going to learn?
- Everything there is to know about Burgundy, the wines and the terroir (including rock analysis for example).
- Wine tasting techniques: learn how to use your senses to recognise the different flavours and scents, and learn to analyse the colour of the wines and how they feel on the palate.
- Adapted vocabulary: learn how to describe the wines as you taste them, and how to talk about what you've understood about the wines, compare them, about the grape varieties and the different terroirs.
- Learn about the temperatures to respect when serving wine, judge whether a wine needs to be decanted and learn about wine-food pairing.
- Learn how to create your very own wine cellar, and know when is the perfect time to open a bottle!
Where can I attend a wine tasting course for Burgundy wines?
All the schools and venues where wine tasting courses are organised
Once you've learnt all there is to know about wine tasting, come and meet the wine producers to find out more about how these great wines are made.