The Estours mill appears in the archives long before the revolution. It was a flour mill. It operated with a paddle wheel fed by a reach of the river Arlois.
This millstream still has a historical and economic function. Sharing the water with the Arlois, it feeds the washhouse, the moat of the château d'Estours (listed as a historical monument), the waterfall of the adjoining mill and the cattle troughs in the meadows downstream, before joining the river which flows a few hundred metres further down into the Saône.
The mill stopped in 1880. The machinery and equipment were dispersed. The mill and the wooden wheel are visible from the rue d'Estours.