The parish of Beaumont was created in the 12th century by the canons of Frasnay. The inhabitants were emancipated in September 1276 by the lord Guillaume de Thianges with the drafting of a charter. The oldest furnace was located near the farm of Beaumont castle and employed Protestant and German workers2. The first tinplate factory in France was founded around 1665 in Beaumont-la-Ferrière by Louis Le Vau, at the expense of the king3. In 1686, the commune had 50 inhabitants. The years from 1693 to 1695 were marked by famines.
Several lords succeeded one another until 1784. In 1789, the number of fires was 93. In 1793, a very hard famine hit the commune. Some inhabitants were reduced to trying to eat grass. The childhood house of the poet Achille Millien, private property, dates from the third quarter of the 19th century. Its facade was classified as a historical monument in 1929
- The entrance gate to the cemetery, property of the municipality, classified in 1959, comes from the chartreuse of Bellary.
- The blast furnace Bourgneuf, the first quarter of the nineteenth century, was classified as a historic monument in 1971.
- The castle of Sauvages, from the XVIth and XVIIIth centuries, private property, was classified as a historic monument in 19877.
- The church Saint-Léger, built in the late seventeenth century, was rebuilt in 1870. It contains a 17th century gate.
- The nearest museum is the municipal museum of Charité-sur-Loire, labeled museum of France, about 15.7 km, specializes in archaeology, decorative arts, fine arts and ethnology. It contains works by Alfredo Pina, Lalique, Daum, Gallé, Décorchement, Latouchet, Deck, Fauré and Brateau.