The church was built in the first quarter of the 12th century. The choir under a dome and the semi-circular apse are the only parts dating from the original construction, together with the bell tower. The south chapel is Gothic, it was founded in 1477 in honor of Our Lady by Philippe Deslive, priest of Saint-Laurent-d'Andenay. During the second half of the 18th century (period of the French Revolution), several historical writings mention that the church was partially in ruins. The nave and the north side chapel are modern and were rebuilt in the 19th century.