It was built at the beginning of the 11th century and follows the first church given by the Sires of Brancion in 927 to Cluny. In 1156, Blanot became a provostry of the abbey domain of Cluny. The nave was 25.15m long and was reduced by 6m in the 1930s. It has been restored to its original frame in 1981.
The former parish cemetery occupied the platform where the church is located and in Merovingian times, it extended beyond the building of the Cluny monks.
UNESCO candidate site
Eglise Saint Martin Le Bourg71250 BLANOT
Chains and Labels
Brochures Bourgogne Tourisme
Consult our brochures online or order them to receive at home