The church of Saint-Antoine de Chevagny-sur-Guye, formerly dedicated to Saint-Sulpice, is a Romanesque church whose construction could date from the 12th century
Of the original building, only the Romanesque nave seems to remain, although transformed. Its reworked plan in the 16th century gives it a particular profile: bell tower-porch, a single rectangular nave followed by a short straight bay with a broken arch, then a flat-bottomed Gothic choir flanked by side chapels.
The walls of the nave have been left in exposed stone. The nave is covered by a wooden ceiling which partly cuts through the large triumphal arch with a pointed arch which opens the choir. To the right of this arch, a stone side altar, with the tabernacle, has been installed in front of the traces of an old round-arched opening. To the left of the arch, a similar opening leads to the north chapel
In the 19th century, the church, which had been poorly maintained in previous centuries, was completely renovated. The modern windows in the nave were opened in 1854 and decorated with stained glass.
Brochures Bourgogne Tourisme
Consult our brochures online or order them to receive at home