Charles Loupot was born in Nice in 1892; living in Paris, he fell in love with the small village of Chevroches, near Clamecy, during a trip. In 1934, he bought an old quarryman's house there, overlooking the valley, and lived there especially during the war. A renowned poster artist, he produced numerous posters, the most famous of which were for well-known brands such as the Saint-Raphaël aperitif, Valentine paintings, Galeries Barbès furniture, Coty perfumes, L'Oréal, Monsavon, Dop products, Peugeot cars and Air Liquide. A very fine collection of posters produced between 1918 and 1960, supplemented by studies and graphic works, is on display at the Romain Rolland Museum of Art and History. Locally, we owe to Loupot the decoration and the stained glass windows of the chapel Notre-Dame de Tête Ronde in Menou and the stylized rooster placed at the top of the bell tower of the church of Chevroches.