The church was founded on June 10, 1933 by Bishop CHASSAGNON, then bishop of Autun, Chalon and Mâcon, with the agreement of the parish priests of Saint-Cosme, Saint-Rémy and Châtenoy-le-Royal, under the patronage of Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus. The Chalon district of the Cité-jardin des Charreaux had just been built with 276 houses, but without a church
The bell was blessed on October 8, 1933, and its godmother was Mrs. Jeanne BALLAND, wife of Mr. Jean BALLAND, whose generosity had allowed the acquisition of the land and the building of the church. Another benefactor, Mr. André BAPTAULT is the godfather
The chapel was blessed on 26 November 1933
A narthex was added and consecrated by the new bishop, Monseigneur LEBRUN, on 5 October 1941. A statue of Saint Theresa, offered by the CHAUMONT family, is placed above the entrance door
Following the explosion of a train on 25 August 1944, the church was rebuilt: the choir was laid, transformed and raised. The interior of the church was rebuilt in 1966 and again in 1980. The exterior was restored in 1982.