The church, placed under the vocation of Saint Symphorien, like the village, is a neo-Gothic building, built between 1878 and 1885, because the old building was in danger of ruin. Built by the Autun architect Roidot-Houdaille on land donated by the Roberjot family (deed of 20 February 1878), the construction was completed in 1881 and opened for worship. The upper part of the tower, the spire and the interior sculptures remained. The building was built of cut stone and covered with slate. The old church was demolished in 1884.