The church of Saint-Rémy de Chardonnay is a Romanesque building, reworked in the 15th century and renovated in the 19th century
Archives mention, for the first time, a church in Chardonnay in 952 (act evoking a restitution to the cathedral chapter of Saint-Vincent de Mâcon). Of this initial church, all that remains nowadays is probably the bays under the bell tower, vaulted with a cupola on trumpets.
Around 1150-1200 (Guerreau plan): reconstruction of the church, consisting of a single nave followed by a bay under the bell tower and an apse. The bell tower, quite low, is decorated with Lombardy bands
In the 15th century, the church was redesigned and received two chapels, which gave it its Latin cross plan (Gothic chapel to the north, honeycomb construction to the south).
In the middle of the 19th century, the church was completely renovated.