An engraved stone, listed as a historic monument in 1914, recalls the dedication of the old church, before the feast of the Assumption in 1448, by Jean Germain, bishop of Chalon. This church was demolished in 1876 and rebuilt in flamboyant neo-gothic style.
The architect André Berthier, author of the 1872 reconstruction project, died in 1873. It was not until 24 years later that the work was completed by the Mâcon architect Pinchard. The church was completely finished (with sculptures) at the date on the coat of arms of the North chapel of the transept: 1913.