Surrounded by vines, the church of Saint-Germain de Fuissé is a large building with a protruding bell tower and porch, built in a flamboyant neo-gothic style on the plans of the departmental architect, André Berthier, between 1868 and 1872. Partly financed by the Jean Pardon bequest, the help of the Abbé Glaneur and donations from the faithful, it was consecrated on 1st September 1872
Exterior: The neo-flamboyant facade is decorated with a door frame sculpted with garlands of foliage stopped on consoles armorial: on the right, the arms of Pope Pius IX; on the left, the arms of the bishop of Autun. Pinnacles adorn the sides. The statue of Saint Germain, patron saint, is placed above the door, which is surmounted by a large rose window
Interior: The nave of four bays is lit by eight large neo-flamboyant bays with coloured stained glass windows above the semicircular arches. A chapel with a pentagonal apsidal chapel decorated with a rose window opens onto the projecting transept to the north and south. The one-bay right choir ends in a seven-sided chevet, lit by five large lancet windows. The entire building is rib-vaulted. The interior sculpted decoration presents a profusion of capitals, brackets, neo-flamboyant arches, finely chiselled.