The church of Saint-Gengoux is known since the 9th century. The choir, the bell tower and the apse are from the Romanesque period. It was partially rebuilt from October 1865 (nave) and blessed on 20 May 1867, as indicated by an inscription visible in the church. 19th century statues on brackets punctuate the capitals of the nave. The church has an original plan: a modern nave with side aisles, the last bay of which forms the choir, followed by a modern apse with apsidioles. This new choir is covered with wall paintings from the end of the 19th century. To see: Romanesque modillions of the chevet.
Brochures Bourgogne Tourisme
Consult our brochures online or order them to receive at home