The last church built by the Schneider family in Le Creusot was Saint-Eugène in 1912, at La Croix-Menée. It was intended for the inhabitants of the housing estate of the same name who had moved to the outskirts of the town, far from the smoke of the factories. The church, originally a simple temporary chapel, was built in 1912 by the Schneider company and erected on January 5, 1913 by the bishop of Autun, Monsignor Henri-Raymond Villard (1906-1914), under the name of Saint Eugene. Seriously damaged during the Allied bombing of June 20, 1943, it was restored in 1953-1954 and blessed by Bishop Lucien-Sidroine Lebrun (1940-1966) on March 14, 1954.
Today it is the largest church in terms of capacity for the faithful
This church, of elongated plan, is made up of a nave with a single vessel, punctuated with 14 stained glass windows, illustrating by biblical quotations the 14 stages of a Way of the Cross.