The church of Saint-Etienne was commissioned and donated in 1840 by the Gros-Caumartin family following the destruction of the chapel in 1820.
Its blind façades and simple appearance give it an austere air. This is in contrast to the rich decoration of the nave and the apse. J.-B. BERTOLETTI was inspired by scenes from the Gospel to create the four large compositions on the life of Christ.
The church of Saint-Etienne was listed in its entirety in the Inventaire Supplémentaire des Monuments Historiques (Supplementary Inventory of Historical Monuments) by order of 20 December 1991 and the interior decoration was listed as a historical monument by order of 30 September 1994. The renovation of the building was undertaken in 2017 and completed 15 months later.