The church of Saint-Denis, with its bell tower and porch, was built in the neo-classical style according to the plans of the architect Roch fils from 1824 to 1826 on the site of the former Romanesque church. Its chapels house two remarkable works: a stone altarpiece from 1528 (listed as a historic monument in 1903) representing Christ and the Apostles and a Burgundian Virgin and Child (listed as a historic monument in 1979) from the late 15th century. Baptismal fonts from the Middle Ages, Virgin and Child in waxed wood from the 18th century. A plaque by the marble worker Albert Libeau (1893-1971), head of the marble restoration workshop of the Louvre Museum, with a Pietà sculpted from a drawing by the Lugnese ceramist Jacques-Gabriel Jeandet (1873-1945), can be seen in the front aisle in homage to the Lugnese who died in 1914-1918. In the north aisle, since 2016: "L'Annonce de la Parole en Mâconnais" (The Announcement of the Word in Mâconnais), a painting by the artist Michel Bouillot (1929-2007) painted in Lugny in the 1950s. Also visible in the nave (since 2018): crucifix of Saint-Damien, inspired by the painted cross exposed in the basilica of Saint-Claire of Assisi, also painted in Lugny by Michel Bouillot.