The village of Saint Cosme, formerly independent, experienced a rapid development from the end of the 18th century due to the passage of the Canal du Centre on its territory. In 1854, the annexation of the village to Chalon being inevitable, to the great displeasure of its inhabitants, the town council decided, before disappearing, to implement the construction of a new church, installed between the town hall and the girls' school, facing the Canal du Centre, which will be partially filled in 1959. Built between 1854 and 1866 in neo-Gothic style by the architect Lazare Narjoux, the church has very beautiful stained glass windows made by the Parisian workshop of the Mauméjean family in the 1930s. (Espace Patrimoine). The Mauméjean brothers also made the stained glass windows of the neo-Byzantine chapel of La Colombière in Paray-le-Monial.
- Pets not allowed
Brochures Bourgogne Tourisme
Consult our brochures online or order them to receive at home