In the 11th century, Torcy saw the construction of a Romanesque church. Over time, the town developed around this Romanesque church, whose belfry dates from the 13th century. The church was sold as national property on 17 fructidor year XIII (4 September 1805) and since that date is no longer served. Around 1850 it became the property of the Duport family, who donated it to the commune on August 31, 1859 on the condition that this religious temple would remain exclusively dedicated to Catholic worship. Between 1970 and 1978, the town hall took charge of the restoration of the exterior and interior of the church, and the Foyer Rural of the choir.