The church in the village of Saint-Réverien, located on the route to Santiago de Compostela from Vézelay, is one of the most remarkable 12th century Romanesque churches in the department.
The building was classified as a historical monument by the list of protected historical monuments in 1840.
The modest entrance door has a voussure at the top supporting a 12th century bas-relief in sculpted stone, representing two angels, classified as a historic monument in 1958.
It is affiliated to the Federation of Cluniac Sites.
Inside the building, the magnificent choir is composed of three barrel-vaulted bays.
Behind the choir, an ambulatory allowed the monks to leave the church through a door that is now walled up.
The central chapel is decorated with a fresco on the vault dating from the 17th century. It represents the Assumption of the Virgin Mary.
The sanctuary, which has no high windows, is surrounded by a roundabout open to the apsidioles and has six round columns dominated by capitals which express the influence of Cluny.
This sculpted ensemble is one of the most important in the Nièvre department. The themes borrowed from the Apocalypse and other passages of Scripture are treated with admirable mastery.