On the right bank of the Yonne River lies the Bethlehem district with its Byzantine-style church, built in 1926 and 1927: one of the first religious buildings made of reinforced concrete, with a nave without a central pillar. This church, Notre-Dame de Bethlehem, bears its name in memory of a historical singularity: when Bethlehem fell into the hands of the infidels in the 13th century, the bishop took refuge in Clamecy, where he established his bishopric. He had successors until the bishopric of Bethlehem in Clamecy was suppressed by the Concordat of 1801. The Bishop of Bethlehem officiated in Clamecy in a small cathedral, a 13th century Gothic building, which still exists, transformed into a restaurant. The church of Notre-Dame de Bethlehem, built in 1926 and 1927, was awarded the "Heritage of the 20th Century" label in 2005. It is currently covered with scaffolding for its restoration.