The church of the Sacred Heart of Charnay-lès-Mâcon (71850) is located in Grande rue de la Coupée and overlooks the Place Abbé Ferret.
At the end of the Second World War, Charnay, which already had a Romanesque church in its center - Sainte-Madeleine, built in the late eleventh century - saw the construction, from 1944, of a second place of worship in the heart of the district of La Coupée, in order to accommodate the ever-increasing number of worshippers in a rapidly expanding area. The building was wanted and financed by Father Antoine Ferret, who initially installed a chapel in what became the parish house. The church was built on land donated by the Mommessin family, wealthy wine merchants. The plans are those of the architect Abel Pinchard. The church of the Sacred Heart of La Coupée was consecrated on July 15, 1945 by Bishop Lebrun, Bishop of Autun. This church is one of the few churches to have been built during the Second World War.