The parish church of Notre-Dame de Clessé shows two phases of Romanesque construction. A first building was probably built at the end of the 10th century, at the latest in the 11th century. The facade, the nave and the belfry span remain. The decoration of the facade, with its Lombardy bands, is typical of the first Romanesque art in the Mâconnais. The second phase of construction obviously dates from the second half of the 12th century and includes the installation of the octagonal bell tower still in place, whose decoration is much more accomplished. Around 1510, the south chapel was added, and in 1670, the present flat chevet replaced the original apse. In the second half of the 19th century, the church was restored several times. It was during this period that the north chapel was built, as well as the sacristy and the stair turret. The modern bays were also built at this time. The church has been regularly maintained since then. It has been listed as a Historic Monument since 1929, and its bell tower has been listed since 1930.