St Nicholas Hospital was built between 1693 and 1750. The central body of the buildings consists of a chapel and two adjacent rooms. The two wings surrounding the courtyard were built around 1740.
The entrance to the main courtyard is located in Place du Docteur Quignard.
The courtyard of honour is accessed through an ashlar gateway surmounted by two fire pots.
Parallel to the square, at the end of the courtyard, is the main building, with the Chapel in the middle.
The hipped roof, covered with flat tiles, is topped by a bell tower with its slates arranged in scales.
The wings in return are composed of 4 bays with long, broken roofs.
The attic is lit by dormer windows topped by arched roofs called "flamanches".
The chapel is accessed through a doorway decorated with an oval opuscule containing a Virgin of Piety.
Originally, one wing was used to house the hospice sisters, and the other for the kitchens and administration.
The interior of the chapel is decorated in stucco, attributed to the Italian Marca.
On each side of the chapel were, until the middle of the 20th century, the wards for the sick, on the right for the women and on the left for the men.
The right-hand side is now a museum, while the left-hand side is currently used for other purposes.
Inside the chapel, on the right as you enter, you can see the 15th century Virgin and Child, a listed monument, which comes from the former Maison-Dieu of Saffres, as well as the small stone mortar by the fireplace.
The railings separating the chapel from the museum are also listed.
The 17th century painting entitled The Visitation is an oil on canvas depicting Mary and Elizabeth.
In the choir, behind the altar, there is a statue of Joseph with the baby Jesus on the right and St Nicholas on the left and, further forward, gilded wooden statues of Martha slaying the dragon and Mary crushing the serpent.
In the museum, the pewter dishes, candlesticks and antique furniture come from donations and legacies, of which there are many.
The painting of Jacques Languet, founder of the Minimes convent in 1654, was donated in 1999 by Madame Carteaux, a native of Boussey.
Statue of Saint-Nicolas in the niche above the fireplace.
The Sisters of Providence took care of the patients of the Hospital.
They left around 1964, some a little later.