The chapel of La Colombière was built in reinforced concrete by one of the greatest French architects, Auguste Perret (1874-1954), at the request of Canon Maurice Dutroncy, for the private school of La Colombière, of which he was director.
The Parisian architect was asked to build a chapel according to the requirements of a very specific program. The building was to house a study room and two rooms on the ground floor and the chapel itself on the first floor. For the stained glass windows, Perret recommended the intervention of Marguerite Huré, a master glass artist with whom he had already worked on the construction of the church of Notre-Dame du Raincy. Built in a short period of time, in 1928-1929, and inaugurated on June 2, 1929, the chapel is architecturally very similar to the one in Arcueil, built by the Perret brothers in 1925.
Brochures Bourgogne Tourisme
Consult our brochures online or order them to receive at home