This sandstone and bronze fountain from 1844 is in the effigy of the Marquis and the Marquise d'Aligre. Originally from the Chartres region, Etienne Jean Fançois Charles, Marquis d'Aligre, belonged to one of the most important houses of the old nobility. Born on February 20, 1770 in Paris, he was widowed in 1793, when he remarried in 1810 to Louise Charlotte Aglaé Camus de Pont carré. The latter, born on April 26, 1776 in Paris, came from a Burgundian family. They distributed a large part of their property to various charitable institutions in Château-Chinon, Luzy, Bourbon-Lancy and Cercy-la-Tour. It is there that they made gift, with the inhabitants of the commune, of a well, 25 meters deep and of a pump surrounded by a fountain, located on the place of the church, called at that time place Saint-Pierre. To thank these benefactors, the Cercycoise municipality decided, on 10 May 1844, that the Place Saint-Pierre would henceforth be called Place d'Aligre. The bronze busts of the Marquis and the Marquise were later affixed to the pump. A text assures that, deprived of the joy of being a mother, Mme d'Aligre wanted to create a large adopted family. After her death on January 27, 1843, she was buried in the chapel of the church in Levers (Eure-et-Loire). The Marquis d'Aligre, peer of France, commander of the Legion of Honour, died on 11 March 1847.