The Porte de Notre Dame is located on the square that bears its name. In the middle of the 16th century, the inhabitants asked the Prince of Condé for permission to use the stones of the castle to build the gate of the Notre Dame square (1475), which was built with the stones from the old gate of the castle.
In the 12th century, the castle was called Castro Canino.
The medieval fortification of the town was destroyed by Louis XI after his victory over Charles the Bold.
The Porte Notre-Dame was listed as a Historic Monument in the 15th century by decree on 16 October 1930 and is owned by the municipality.
Brochures Bourgogne Tourisme
Consult our brochures online or order them to receive at home