71250 - CLUNY
In 1625, a significiant bequest enabled the foundation of Notre-Dame Hospital. From 1703 onwards this latter was replaced by the current Hôtel-Dieu, whose construction was initiated by Cardinal de Bouillon, the 55th Abbot of Cluny.
Your visit will allow you to discover the marvels contained in the various rooms :
- the monumental chapel, its painted ceiling and the furnishings coming from the Abbey,
- the sick people's ward and its 17th century woodwork, its furnishing, its showcase windows filled with religious ornaments,
- the apothecary, its collections of pharmaceutical earthenware (dating from the 16th to the 19th century) and its pewterware,
- the administrators' room.
Groups welcomed : yes
Minimum size : 10
Last update : 25/02/2021
|Information||Min. Rate||Max. Rate||Further information|
|Base rate - full rate adult||5.5 €||Guided tour|
|Other rate||2 €||Coin-operated (projection and lighting of exhibition windows) Tarifs informatif à vérifier auprès du prestataire|
|Gratuities||en visite libre|
- Cheques and postal orders
Please insert a distance in order to get nearby points of interest