At the northern exit of the village, the restored washhouse and its springs (resurgences) called Dhuys or Douix, are surrounded by small caves. The stream slides under the road and runs down the valley creating a tufa waterfall. In the past, it fed a forge which has disappeared and, since 1922, thanks to the waterfall, allowed a rudimentary electrification of the village for lighting purposes. Unfortunately, in the dry season, the low flow allowed only 3 or 4 hours of electricity production. Fifteen years later, the equipment had reached the limit of wear and tear. In October 1937, the municipal council decided to abandon its installation and to build a new network supplied by the Compagnie d'Électricité de la Côte-d'Or. The cost of the installation was estimated at 77,000 francs and aid was requested from the Conseil Général.
From 01/01/23 to 31/12/23
Freely accessible all year roundPrices :
- Gratuities (Free access)
Brochures Bourgogne Tourisme
Consult our brochures online or order them to receive at home