A masterpiece of industrial heritage, the great forge was built in 1768 by the famous Burgundian naturalist Georges-Louis Leclerc Comte de Buffon. It brings together in one place in a classical and elegant style all the stages of iron production: the blast furnace, the refinery and the slitting plant. The workshops are surrounded by canals which provide the hydraulic energy necessary for the activity of the wooden bellows (identically reconstituted) and 2 paddle wheels. The forge was active for a century and then converted into a cement factory for 50 years. It is a private historical monument open to visitors since 1978
The estate includes a vast courtyard, a vegetable garden and an orangery of the period. The forge is located along the Burgundy canal where pleasant walks are possible
The gardens are accessible to groups (20 people minimum) by prior reservation. This allows a complete visit of the 3 iron production workshops and the vegetable garden which was used by the workers and their families who lived there. This part is private and open to individuals during the Rendez-vous aux Jardins and the European Heritage Days. During these two occasions to visit the whole property, the price is reduced (6.50€) for all with a guided tour of the garden by a family member.