Situated on the edge of the old fortified castle of Vitteaux, this private mansion, classified as a historical monument, has been entirely restored while keeping its typical Burgundian soul.
Originally, the foundations of the first church of Vitteaux, from the Romanesque period, and a medieval house from the 13th century, extended by several buildings in the 17th century... A beautiful architectural ensemble with interesting elements, in a good state of conservation.
The medieval house was built by Mathilde de Courtenay, granddaughter of Mahaut of Burgundy on her mother's side and of Louis VI on her father's. At one time, it seems, it was the house of the castle guards, which was under the authority of the Dukes of Burgundy. In the 16th century, it became the "Maison Languet", named after its owners who enlarged it in the 17th century, then, through marriage, took the name of "Hôtel de Fresne". Finally, it was bought in 1783 by François Belime, notary and King's Councillor, lawyer at the court and grenetier at the salt storehouse of Pouilly and Vitteaux. It then became the "Hôtel Belime" and still belongs to the descendants of the family.
Guided tour of the interior courtyards, the crypt and the 13th century ground floor.