Saint-Maurice des Champs is a small village hidden on the edge of the Chalonnaise coast in a landscape of woods and meadows. In 1789 it was called Champs-des-Bois. The rural church, well oriented, is surrounded by its cemetery. The Romanesque church of Saint-Maurice-des-Champs has several original features: the exterior arcatures of the nave, the interior arcatures of the apse, the fluted pilasters of its southern portal. The bell tower would be largely modern. To see inside: Romanesque baptismal tank decorated with sculpted heads.