This church, which is nowadays in a neo-gothic style, was gradually built on the site of an older one
- from 1839 to 1841, the bell tower was built,
- then from 1864 to 1867, it was the turn of the nave, the choir and the sacristy.
These two stages reflect a more distant past, as there were two buildings, of different periods, adjoining each other.
In all the documents of the 18th and 19th centuries, are called :
-the church, the very old part composed of the nave and the choir
- and bell tower, the more recent part added in front of the gable of the portal from the 18th century.
The original church, very old, of Romanesque or pre-Romanesque tradition, existed since 1197.
The size of this old church is oversized compared to the population of the time. It is, for example, twice as big as the one in Moloy, which had the same number of inhabitants at the time
Several theories could explain this, but none has been proven. This could be due to the growth of the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela, for which a "pilgrim's guide" was written around 1130.
What is certain is that the village was fortunate to have such a large building, because when the population increased significantly (between 1750 and 1850) it was not necessary to remodel it. It was simply made more practical by adding a sacristy, and modernized by adding a real bell tower on the entrance porch.
Although it has retained some older furniture, most of it, as well as the stone and wood carvings, date from the 19th century (by the Burgundian sculptor Jules Schanoski).
To the left of the entrance porch, outside the church, is an oratory dedicated to the God of Pity. It was erected in 1787 at the request of Marie Nicolas Amable Chaignet, a notable of the village. The ceiling of the niche is decorated with a large scallop shell, in reference to the road to Santiago de Compostela, which crosses the village.
This church (neo-Gothic style) was rebuilt in the middle of the 19th century on top of a very ancient one. The old church already existed in 1197. There actually were 2 separate buildings before the new church was built : the oldest one was formed by the nave and choir, and the more recent one was the bell tower (added during the 18th century).
Most of the furniture inside the church is from the 19th century (some of it by the Burgundian sculptor Jules Schanoski). The church is only open during the summer
Outside, an oratory is located on the left of the entrance of the church. It was built in 1787. The ceiling of the alcove is decorated with a scallop, which refers to the road to Santiago de Compostella that crosses the village.