It was around 1106 that Hugues de Châtillon, lord of the lands of the Mountain, had the priory of Saint-Honoré built with its church, which was dedicated to Saint Loup. The monastery was entrusted to the Cluniac priory of La Charité-sur-Loire, perhaps before Hugh went on crusade. Some present this donation as a thank you to Heaven for having spared the universe from the terrible catastrophes predicted for the year 1000... Pope Paschal II confirmed this possession to Cluny in a bull of 1107, and Pope Lucius II did the same in 1144. The history of the priory is still very unclear; it does not seem to have undergone any remarkable development. An account of a visit by the order mentions it in 1340; in the following century, in 1410, the prior was alone in his establishment. Nevertheless, it remained a Cluniac possession until the Revolution. During this period, the property of the priory was sold to the nation. The priory church was completely destroyed. Part of the conventual buildings, privately owned, can still be seen.