The Saint-Laurent church in Le Creusot is located near the Château de la Verrerie, the former residence of the Schneider family.
Between 1842 and 1848, the Schneider company built the parish church of Saint-Laurent, following the plans of Reigner, an architect who did not belong to the company and who lived in Autun. The contractors Michaud and Chassagnette, from Saint-Bérain-sur-Dheune, were in charge of the work. The first stone was laid by Adolphe Schneider on 23 June 1842. The church was blessed on 24 September 1848. A bell tower was added in 1858, heightened to a height of 41 metres; it contains three bells. Some extensions were added around 1896. A German organ will replace the old one in 2021. The stained glass windows were made by the Rault brothers, master glassmakers in Rennes (35), in 1954.