The oldest parts (transept, nave span and side chapel) date from the 12th century. Remodeled periodically as the village population grew, the church replaced the small chapel of Saint Auxile. The choir and bell tower date from the 14th century, the sacristy from the end of the 15th century. In 1843, the nave and aisles were extended from two to four bays and the bell tower was moved. In the 20th century, the choir was extended by one bay, and the right side chapel increased the capacity of the building.
In the choir, a mural painting (vision of St Francis of Assisi and the Annunciation), consoles decorated with a horned devil's head looking at his naked backside and in the transept, capitals with foliage are remarkable.