- 06 52 74 67 00
- View email address
Day 1: Mâcon
Arrival in Mâcon. Dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: Mâcon - Cluny: 20 km
This route, dominated by the Solutré and Vergisson rocks, a major prehistoric site, will take you to Milly-Lamartine, the childhood village of the famous writer, Berzé-le-Châtel and especially Cluny.
Dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3 : Cluny - Buxy : 33 km
Following the greenway, departure from Cluny, a renowned historical town, whose abbey is well worth a visit. You will follow the TGV line before arriving at the foot of the village of Taizé, an internationally known ecumenical centre of prayer and welcome. Then the greenway becomes quite flat and crosses meadows to reach Cormatin, a pretty picturesque village with a Renaissance castle (17th century) that you can visit. All along the route, you will have the opportunity to see castles, wash houses, fountains... Take time to stroll in the pretty little streets of Saint-Gengoux-le-National, with old houses with porches, doors, stairs... You are on the most beautiful section of the greenway, on the hillside, in the middle of vineyards. The route descends steadily to reach Buxy. Dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4: Buxy - Tournus: 28 km
Transition day on small country roads to make the junction between the green route and the blue route. A slightly more hilly stage to reach the banks of the Saône at Tournus and its Abbey Saint-Philibert, a masterpiece of Romanesque art from the 11th and 12th centuries, the abbey church. In Tournus, there is also a beautiful bicycle museum. Dinner and overnight stay.
Day 5 : Tournus - Mâcon : 33 km
You will pass through charming villages centred on delightful Romanesque churches. Along the "voie bleue", this stage will be placed under the sign of river navigation. An easy and pleasant stage. Dinner and overnight stay.
Day 6: Mâcon
End of our services after breakfast.
With this unique tour, you will start on the first Voie Verte of France, at the rhythm of the train of the past while admiring the most beautiful views of Southern Burgundy. A short day's ride through the countryside will take you to the "voie bleue", the old towpath that runs along the Saône between Tournus and Mâcon.
- French, English
- American Express, Credit card, Payment cards, Cheques and postal orders, Travellers cheques, Holiday vouchers, Cash, Eurocard - Mastercard, Bank transfers, Visa
From 370 €/person.
Price based on double room.
Accommodation in ** and *** hotels.
- Bicycle hire (possible on reservation, please contact us),
- Mealtime drinks and bar expenses,
- Any visits or activities suggested along the itinerary,
- Optional insurance.
- Single room supplement: + 160 €.
- Luggage transport between each stage: + 100 € / person.
- Supplement for 1 single participant (transported luggage formula): + 100 €.
- Supplement for 1 single participant (luggage not transported): + 30 €.
- 4-day VTC rental (excluding transport bags): + 155 €/bike.
- Supplement for 4-day hire of a mountain bike (excluding transport bags): + 65 €/bike.
- Repair kit: 1 inner tube / 1 anti-puncture spray / patch kit and tyre repair kit + anti-theft device included.
More than 30 days before departure: €30 fee
- 30 to 21 days before departure: 25% fee
- 21 to 8 days before departure: 50% fee
- From 8 to 2 days before departure: 75% of costs
- Less than 2 days before departure: 100% of the costs
Brochures Bourgogne Tourisme
Consult our brochures online or order them to receive at home