Join the long wooden train for festive stops in several towns along the Canal du Nivernais, between Nevers, on the Canal Latéral à la Loire, and Coulanges-sur-Yonne, on the Canal du Nivernais.
From 10 July to 15 August, almost 160 km will be covered in a wooden train, 91 locks will be passed, and there will be a navigation programme with 15 festive stops.
The Flotescale association, whose main objective is the development and promotion, thanks to the history of the floating of firewood, of the territory of the Haut Nivernais Val d'Yonne and of the Nivernais canal, will navigate, from Nevers to Coulanges sur Yonne, a reconstruction of a wooden train.
On its 36-metre long wooden train, Flotescale will leave Nevers via the Canal Latéral à Loire to Saint Léger des Vignes, then take the Canal du Nivernais to its arrival in Coulanges sur Yonne.
The programme of stopovers:
- Nevers, Sunday 10 July
- Chevenon, Wednesday 13 July
- Decize / Saint-Léger des Vignes, Saturday 16 July
- Cercy-la-Tour, Sunday 24 July
- Panneçot-Limanton, Tuesday 26 July
- Biche Fleury, Thursday 28 July
- Châtillon-en-Bazois, Sunday 31 July
- Chavance Achun, Wednesday 3 August
- Baye, Sunday 7 August
- Lock 16, Monday 8 August
- Chaumot, Tuesday 9 August
- Dirol, Wednesday 10 August
- Asnois, Thursday 11 August
- Villiers-sur-Yonne, Friday 12 August
- Chevroches, Saturday 13 August
- Clamecy, Sunday 14 August
- Coulanges-sur-Yonne, Monday 15 August (lunch)
- Crain, Monday 15 August (evening)