A more intimate and personal look at the icon of French song
Christelle Loury sings and tells the story of Edith Piaf with anecdotes inspired by beautiful encounters.
Christelle Loury modernises the icon of French song with her charm, gestures and anecdotes inspired by her encounters with people close to Edith Piaf. A recital that has travelled the world, from New York to Russia, and has already been seen by more than 40,000 spectators with good press reviews.
- Successful at the Avignon Off festival in 2018 and 2019
- Show of the year France Bleu in 2015
- 15 songs interspersed with anecdotes and a chronological account
- Special church repertoire with new songs
- Alone on stage
- Duration : 1h30
- A triumph in the heart of New York (M6)
- A brilliant revival of Edith Piaf (France 3)
- One of the most brilliant interpreters of the icon of French song (France Bleu)
- The performance is vocal, artistic and physical. Her smile does not waver, it radiates, solar. (L'Yonne Républicaine)
- The originality of his show is not only his voice, his grace or his perfect interpretation, it is to tell Piaf's story (Vosges Matin)
- A real favourite! A voice that gives you the shivers. An overwhelming presence. You'll be bluffed! (La Provence)
- Christelle Loury is equal to the singers she interprets (L'Est Eclair)
- She interprets Edith Piaf like no other (Sud Ouest)
- Christelle Loury at the top of her art. A high level concert. The Cathedral shivered and reserved a final standing ovation for a memorable concert. (Le Télégramme)
- A magical moment. Christelle Loury captivated people with her voice, her gestures and her story (Le Journal du Centre)
- Magnificent in her interpretation of the best of Piaf (Monaco Matin)
- She does not imitate Piaf, she feels her and draws on her own emotions. (L'Union)
- Her clear, powerful voice, her vocal mastery and her natural gestures captivated the audience. (Ouest France)
- Christelle Loury is a true artist, she sings with her own voice, she does not try to imitate. (Le Républicain)
- Lovers of finely chiselled texts and harmoniously toned compositions should be delighted. A marvellous journey to be experienced with finesse, aesthetics and beauty... (Presse Evasion)
- She embodies the spirit of Edith Piaf (L'Avenir)
Preview of the 10-year anniversary tour of La Môme de l'Yonne and the 60th anniversary of Edith Piaf's death in 2023
Ten years ago, Christelle Loury paid her first tribute to Edith Piaf in the small church of her village of Perrigny. Very quickly, her show was to tour the department and then take her to Ukraine, New York, Poland, Belgium, Russia and Monaco.
During these 10 years, Christelle Loury has built up a real relationship with her audience. Wherever she has gone, she has always taken the time to meet the spectators with whom she has shared many selfies, kisses, exchanges and autographs.
Christelle Loury met many of Edith Piaf's friends and family who inspired her to write and develop her shows, including Charles Dumont, Marcel Cerdan Junior, Huguette Cerdan, Hugues Vassal and Catherine Lamboukas.
Christelle Loury has accumulated hundreds of memories, such as when she lent her face to the bust of the Marianne de l'Yonne in 2017 or when she received her medal from the Société d'Encouragement au Progrès for her contribution to the promotion of the French language and the rapprochement of cultures in Paris in 2019, not to mention all her trips abroad.
Today, Christelle has chosen to celebrate both the 10th anniversary of her artistic adventure and the 60th anniversary of Edith Piaf's death in 2023. For this, she has chosen to reinterpret her show Hommage à Edith Piaf in church by travelling to the four corners of the department.