WHAT IS IT?
On the initiative of the Cluny association Pépète Lumière, the BARGE* ROCK TOUR invites you to a tour of concerts around or from the deck of a barge moored alongside the Canal du Centre.
The experience for the summer and local public of a travelling rock guinguette.
*Definitions of the word BARGE:
1) Troop landing craft. 2) Marsh bird, neighbour of the knights. 3) Synonym for barjo (from jobard in slang), crazy, eccentric.
BARGE is also the English translation of péniche and ROCK of the verb tanguer
-PILI COÏT (purple rock'n'love)
"And love accomplishes its song in the wild struggle of the heart's drums caressing flowers in flight".
Two voices, guitar, tom-bass, drums, and synth-drum, this duo transpires noisy low-fi where sexy melodies flirt with spicy riffs and moody rhythms
-KILL YOUR IDOLS (dadaist grunge with libertarian flights of fancy)
The Brass Band KILL YOUR IDOLS, bringing together 7 musicians attached to a big acoustic sound and communicative energy, finds its singularity in a brassy (1 trumpet, 2 trombones, 2 baritone saxes, 2 bass saxes) and faithfully savage reworking of essential compositions by the avant-garde New York rock band Sonic Youth
WHEN and WHERE?
- Monday 18 July - 7pm: Théâtre de Verdure, Digoin (free)
- Wednesday 20 July - 7pm: Place Mazuez, Montceau-les-Mines (free)
- Friday 22 July - 7pm: Usine Warning, Saint-Bérain-sur-Dheune (free)
- Saturday 23 July - 1.15pm : Place des publics, Square Chabas, Chalon dans la rue (free)*
- Saturday 23 July - 20h : St Romain de Popey (PAF)
- Sunday 24 July - 3pm : les Abattoirs, Chalon dans la rue (free)*
- Tuesday 26 July - 6pm : Villa Perrusson, Ecuisses (PAF)
- Thursday 28 July - 8pm : Le bassin, Génelard (PAF)
- Friday 29 July - 8pm: Le pain sur la table, Cluny (PAF)*
* only KILL YOUR IDOLS
Bar and catering on site (except on July 26th and 28th, bring your own picnic).